Notice to exporters 2021/01: changes to export control legislation and licensing
Published 08 Jan 2021
GOV.UK guidance on export controls was updated on 31 December 2020 to reflect the end of the EU transition period.
To see the latest guides visit Export Control Joint Unit homepage.
Key changes to export licensing for EU countries
To find out more about:
- exporting dual-use items
- exporting firearms
- exporting civil nuclear material
- trade sanctions
- exporting military items
Visit the guidance on exporting controlled goods.
Also read our guides on:
- UK retained general export authorisations for dual-use goods which replaced EU GEAs
- exporting dual-use controlled items from Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- goods subject to export prohibitions or controls from Great Britain and Northern Ireland if they can be used for torture; capital punishment or inhumane purposes
- exporting firearms from Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- UK sanctions
- UK trade sanctions, arms embargoes and other restrictions
- open general licences for export; transhipment; and trade control
- how to apply for licences
Export Control Joint Unit
3 Whitehall Place
Telephone 020 7215 4594
Contact for general queries about strategic export licensing.