Australia: The Defence export licence timeline

By Katherine Ziesing

Former Minister for Defence Christopher Pyne released the Defence Export Strategy in January 2018, which aims to make Australia one of the top ten global defence exporters within the next decade. News in the past month that Australia has dropped in Defence exports rankings since that announcement needs some context….

…While Defence does not publish detailed analysis of the applications received (for example the number of joint applications between industry and academia), high-level data can be accessed to get a high level overview of the data. These figures clearly show that 89 per cent of the applications that Defence receives are not complex. The remaining 11 per cent therefore are complex, and so take up much more time, not unlike complex programs in the acquisition/sustainment space….

Read more at https://www.australiandefence.com.au/news/the-defence-export-licence-timeline#D3B6XF0kjg135z05.99