EGADD is working with the Export Control Joint Unit, at the Department for International Trade,to organise a number of training events to support its own, highly-respected series of events, as outlined and details in its frequent Training Bulletins.
EGADD has created a dedicated Training Sub-Committee, of highly experienced and knowledgeable Industry Practitioners, to pull together the plans and training materials for these events.
Having previously held such events specifically aimed at and tailored to beginners, in London in June 2018 and another being held in October 2019, it is now proposed to organise a 2-day intermediate event, focused on the more experienced practitioners. The first day will focus on compliance issues associated with UK Export controls, whilst the second day will be dedicated to those arising from complying with US export controls, which is a vitally important topic for any UK firms who deal with technology sourced from the US.
This is a must attend event for anyone involved in the increasingly-important sphere of effective export and trade control compliance.
Topics proposed to be covered include:
- UK Legislation, Criteria, NGO interest;
- Demonstration of the UK’s Licensing System;
- End Use and Sanctions/Embargoes;
- Compliance and how to prepare for a compliance audit;
- Case Studies in workshops, covering:
- Preparing an Internal Compliance Programme;
- Familiarisation with the Licensing System; and
- Using Open Licenses
- US Legislation
- Re-Exporting & Retransferring, General Correspondence Letters and Best Practice for Handling Violations;
- Case Studies in Workshops covering;
- Dual and Third Country Nationals;
- Determining US Export Control Classifications;
- ITAR Licenses and Exemptions; and EAR Licenses and Exemptions
- In addition, there will be a showing of a compliance-related video
Plenary presentations and break-out workshops. Delegates can opt to attend either both days, or merely one, depending on what they perceive their training needs to be. There will also be an optional networking dinner on the night of 20 November, for those who want to attend.
Benefits of attending
- One-one-one discussions with highly experienced Industry experts
- Opportunity to have all questions addressed by experts in the field
- Opportunities to network with peers.
For further information and to Register Attendance please click here